Scored kodiak style door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pawls are attached to the lock cylinders on the backside of the handle. They are the Z-shaped bracket. They are longer than the regular gmt400 handle pawls. They don't require modification.

If you want to use your existing lock cylinders, you will have to take off your old pawls, and swap your driver side lock cylinder to your passenger and vice versa, then re-install the pawls on the lock cylinders. This is because the locks turn the opposite direction for some reason. These pawls are held on by a snap clip...be careful pulling your old one off and don't lose it!

Sounds like you scored a good deal, but I would definitely go back for the rods. I drove an hour one way to get set. It was a shady situation well off the beaten path and out of cell range, and the guy wasnt there, but his drunk buddy was. And the truck's front end was suspended 8 feet in the air from when someone bought the front end for a mud truck. Then he couldn't operate the tow truck to get it to lower down, and then the windows were down....I still have nightmares about this transaction! I picked up a set of re produced handles and a new set of gm locks with keys from a guy on here who I think gave up trying to find the rods and pawls. I also picked up new plastic gm clips (there are two gm part numbers) from gm parts direct to have as spares, they are a little pricey for what they are. I've probably got 125 bucks in my set up and haven't mounted them yet!

I get it now. I didn't see this post before i posted my reply to C30454. Thx. I'm good with a separate key for the doors. Oh and you know I'll be driving 180 mi round trip for those rods. Lol

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
BTW. What do you guys suggest for replacing the gaskets that seal weather out ?

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome!! Probably took a whole 5 minutes!! Hope you looked around for some extra sets!

That was the only heavy duty gmt400 there. Lots of busted pre 95 trucks. Was hoping to snag a TBI throttle body so I can send it out for upgrade but they were either missing or not worth the trouble

EppNation

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like I'm too little too late for OP, but I've read on other forums that you can fabricate these rods out of a 5 gallon bucket handle

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
looks like I'm too little too late for OP, but I've read on other forums that you can fabricate these rods out of a 5 gallon bucket handle

i was planning on using interior door handle rods to make them but that didnt fix the lock pawl issue

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
if you could if you havent swapped the handles yet could you get a pic of the 2 lock pawls together so i can see the difference, done the swap before but didnt take any pics and im wanting to do the swap on my current truck

WorkinMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you could if you havent swapped the handles yet could you get a pic of the 2 lock pawls together so i can see the difference, done the swap before but didnt take any pics and im wanting to do the swap on my current truck

The pawl for the HD handle sticks out further to get it out of the way of the handle rod. My plan was to cut the old one and just weld a longer piece from the base that mounts to the lock cylinder to where the rod connects.

Then I found this gem...
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach