Scan tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Eh. I feel like a tech 2 would be a giant learning experience for something i probably wouldnt use to much. Thats a hell of a deal though if they work as well as the hp/Bosch/gm unit. I plan on gettin a v2 at some point anyway. Ive know the owner of wait4me personally for years and he has kinda showed me things here and there aready, mostly using my g6 as a test dummy.

Last edited:

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
My unit doesn't want to connect to my ECU, works on my 2010 civic on my phone but refuses to work on the 1997 k1500 on the phone or tablet. I tried about 6 different apps and they all connect to the OBD2 reader but fail to connect to ECU. I guess it will get returned and maybe I'll try something else that actually works.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with "Blue Driver?" My girlfriend watched a youtube video of ChrisFix and that's what she ended up gifting me for Xmas. I don't have anything OBDII but I suppose it might work with OBDI if you have an adaptor. I tried it on a friends car and it was pretty neat. Don't know that it can do what the V2 does but it's extremely portable...

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Well, on the unit I posted they sent another one, it didn't work either. I went to dads 1997 like mine and it worked perfect. I guess I have a broken wire or something at the obd2 plug on my truck, go figure.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well, on the unit I posted they sent another one, it didn't work either. I went to dads 1997 like mine and it worked perfect. I guess I have a broken wire or something at the obd2 plug on my truck, go figure.
Check the orange (power), the black, and the black/white wires (grounds)