Saw a 95 RCSB Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheyenne, Scottsdale, and Silverado were trim levels.
I had a 1976 Scottsdale that I bought new. If memory servers me correctly it had full trim on the outside, it was a single color, red... BUT it had a rubber floor mat instead of carpet , which were great as I always went home on the weekend to my hometown or my wife's home town.. Dirt roads..

Now to my questions.
I saw a Single-regular cab, short bed truck at a repair shop over the weekend. I think it may have been there for awhile(not sure of that) The windows had a dark tint so I could not see a lot. It had the "Newer" dash that my 95 ECLB 3/4 ton has. BUT manual window winders!!!! For real. Black rear bumper, that looks stock.

Did they make a Scottsdale, info I have found says yes. Cheyenne and Silverado too. Of course later at sometime they made a WT (work truck?) So what's the deal with the Scottsdale and the Cheyenne?

The Cheyenne has perked my interest now. I like my dash in my 95, full instrumentation, even though I was more interested in the 88-94 versions.

Engine and Transmission available? I did not crawl underneath it, gravel parking area for everything but the shop. I do live in a small rural Texas town. lol It had single exhaust and a automatic transmission. I think it had a tilt wheel.

Anyone have a Scottsdale or Cheyenne in a GMT400?

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother has a 1989 Scottsdale, 5.7 with a 5 speed manual, no A/C, manual windows and door locks, rubber floor mat until just recently as he installed a carpet kit. Cheyenne was the base model, Scottsdale was mid level with Silverado being the top of the line. The W/T version was introduced in 1990. (Scroll down to 4th Gen)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_C/K#Trim_Levels_.28Chevrolet.29

PapaGrune

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it may have been Scottsdale, Cheyenne then Silverado, that's why I asked... Thanks