Save this truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flintlock

Reaction score
Drewcrew, thats what I was thinking because something has been knocking around that region the whole time I've owned it (17,000 miles). My mechanic hasn't checked it yet but I thought timing chain right off the bat when it started shacking at 2,000 RPMs after the truck was warm last time I drove it.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few years ago my buddy had the same exact truck and issues. After we replaced all the parts you stated, he had someone, not me, drop the tank and clean it. Is was Rusty and alot of junk in it. As soon is it was cleaned out and the lines as well, it's solved the issue.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

leegrady

Reaction score
I believe it has to be electrical related because the added "juice" from the jump gives whatever the needed kick to complete its task.

Yes, that may very well be the answer to the problem. The starter motor is taking all the juice. Such a intermittent no start problem is very often caused by faulty/defective/corroded wiring. Such as, green corrosion that you can't see because it's under the casing of the wire. When the truck doesn't start preform Voltage Drop Tests to trace where the voltage is too low to start the vehicle. A good reading across connections should be no more than 0.1 volts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

-lee

Last edited: