sas minimum lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 4wd GMT400 1/2tons are 67" wide. The Jeep axle is too narrow. They fit great under S10s, I am going to steal the Wagoneer D44 from under my fiancés S10 to mine when I get around to making some 8lug wheels for some 40" v-treads and give her my set of tons.

noJeepshere

Reaction score
The 4wd GMT400 1/2tons are 67" wide. The Jeep axle is too narrow. They fit great under S10s, I am going to steal the Wagoneer D44 from under my fiancés S10 to mine when I get around to making some 8lug wheels for some 40" v-treads and give her my set of tons.
That's nothing a 1' spacer on each side should be able to correct without any issue shouldn't it? I'm only going to run a 33" (285/70-17) tire.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it spring under? So, you'll have to deal with that. And with a spacer the scrub radius will stink, but that's about the same way with a wheel with very little backspacing. Does it have a flattop knuckle? What are you going to do with the 7/16" wheel studs? Run two different lug nuts front and rear?

noJeepshere

Reaction score
Is it spring under? So, you'll have to deal with that. And with a spacer the scrub radius will stink, but that's about the same way with a wheel with very little backspacing. Does it have a flattop knuckle? What are you going to do with the 7/16" wheel studs? Run two different lug nuts front and rear?

It's spring under, which is what I want, as I don't want more than 4" lift max, so a 4" lift spring in 47" variety should net me about 3" of lift which is what I want. I figure a 1" spacer would work just fine with my planned wheel and tire combo. And as for the 7/16 studs, I'm going to swap in a 14bsf in the rear with a disc brake swap and will probably punch the fronts out to accept the newer metric studs, or vice versa, we'll see. I did it on the replacement shaft on my 10-bolt as the shaft was actually for an older Chevy but otherwise worked. As for the flattop knuckles, since I'm going spring under I won't need them.

cent frum a smaert fone

noJeepshere

Reaction score
Actually, since I'm likely going to use a wheel spacer in front, I'll get a spacer with lugs that match the rear axle.

cent frum a smaert fone

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
It's spring under, which is what I want, as I don't want more than 4" lift max, so a 4" lift spring in 47" variety should net me about 3" of lift which is what I want. I figure a 1" spacer would work just fine with my planned wheel and tire combo. And as for the 7/16 studs, I'm going to swap in a 14bsf in the rear with a disc brake swap and will probably punch the fronts out to accept the newer metric studs, or vice versa, we'll see. I did it on the replacement shaft on my 10-bolt as the shaft was actually for an older Chevy but otherwise worked. As for the flattop knuckles, since I'm going spring under I won't need them.

Actually, since I'm likely going to use a wheel spacer in front, I'll get a spacer with lugs that match the rear axle.

cent frum a smaert fone

what is the point if you are only running a 33" tire? the stock ifs fits a 33

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
The strength of SFA over ifs..a lot of people underestimate the strength of ifs tho

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone

noJeepshere

Reaction score
what is the point if you are only running a 33" tire? the stock ifs fits a 33
The strength a solid axle provides, flex, lockers, etc. Ifs is pretty stout, but for what I plan to do, a solid axle fits the bill much better than ifs will. And my front end is shot, and the cost to fix it up to be as tough as a solid axle is pretty stiff.
The strength of SFA over ifs..a lot of people underestimate the strength of ifs tho

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone
Ifs is pretty tough no doubt about that. I would keep it if the after market fit gm ifs was as comprehensive as it is for solid axles. And for my application I can almost get away with a sas for less than $2 grand. Not too shabby I would think.

cent frum a smaert fone