sas minimum lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SIKAZPHUC

Reaction score

Are they in freaking sane? Where do they justify the cost on that SAS? WOW! I can get a trailing arm kit with coils for that much....holy crap! I think off road unlimited was the most expensive one I knew of to date (till now), and they are around $700 I think....but a nice kit I am told. I have bought 2 offroad direct kits and was more a less pleased with them. Had good service, but the 36" wide perch kit for the 81.5-88.5 D60 is not the best even though they have the best stock inner axles (non tapering). The 32" is a much better choice if you can find a 77.5-79 Ford HPD60. They can be a bit expensive if you can't justify the D44 hp.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Are they in freaking sane? Where do they justify the cost on that SAS? WOW! I can get a trailing arm kit with coils for that much....holy crap! I think off road unlimited was the most expensive one I knew of to date (till now), and they are around $700 I think....but a nice kit I am told. I have bought 2 offroad direct kits and was more a less pleased with them. Had good service, but the 36" wide perch kit for the 81.5-88.5 D60 is not the best even though they have the best stock inner axles (non tapering). The 32" is a much better choice if you can find a 77.5-79 Ford HPD60. They can be a bit expensive if you can't justify the D44 hp.

Do you still own the truck in your avatar? Thought you were tearing it down or something like that.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Do you still own the truck in your avatar? Thought you were tearing it down or something like that.

Well the time has come, she is getting down graded and parts swapped/traded/sold and once she is somewhat sane and a bit lower, she is getting sold.

Here is my defence....bought a 99 crew cab short box, and working on bringing home a 94 crew cab long box with a SAS partially completed, with a 98 p pump cummins swap/5spd NV4500. Don't need three of them and need more room. So the builds are on again...

from 67-72chevytrucks

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Since I'm not a member over there, I think converting to a short box would be easier then the interior swap.

Let me know if you need help with the Cummins conversion.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score

oru's spring hangers are $750, then you need the rest of the parts which will add up to almost $2700 by the time you buy everything from them, stock gm parts can be used to make a sas way way cheaper, mine basically cost like $650-700 with the springs and everything(relocated stock hoses) and then just needed the axle