sas minimum lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
a sas with a dana 70 rear and a dana 60 ft out of a 99 f350are sounding like a good option right about now would these axles even be a good option for my truck they have 410 gears in them
Do a 14 bolt rear (SF or FF your choice), lot simpler than the D70.

cat-chevymech

Reaction score
ok i was thinking d70 cause i have a 99 f350 rolling frame that i have access to axles springs sterring links drive shafts and the frame it was a cclb truck that a tree fell on but frame is bent in center and the cheepest ff 14 i found was 600 bucks for just the axle and it still needed to be rebuilt

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
As long as redoing all the bracketry is worth the savings, go for it.

cat-chevymech

Reaction score
re doing bracketry? i havent had a chance to put a tape on the 350 or my truck yet ane the spring withs different?

ive build so many a arm long travel suspensions before but this is my first sas and its even on my personal truck lol so please dont shoot me for all the questions

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
yes spring pads and shock locations are different for that d70, a 10.5 14 bolt should be easy to find and average $100-$200 and they are stronger than the d70 with parts like lockers also cheaper.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Now just curious if this could be possible. It is known from the off-roaders that any SAS would require a minimum of roughly 6" of lift to compensate for uptravel. How much uptravel are we talking about here? For those of us who want the SAS for looks and the feel of a tough truck would an SAS with say a 3-4" of lift have the same uptravel of the gmt400 stock or a 3" lifted square body truck without having to cut into the frame? In this case it probably wouldn't be worth spending that kind of money on these trucks but lets say money isn't a factor.

Last edited: