SAS and Exhaust questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Manimal

Banned
Reaction score
I am gathering parts for the SAS swap on my 92 FS Blazer. I am buying a GM front D44(because everyone in Cali thinks their Ford axles are made of precious metals.) My questions are about the exhaust, everything else is straight forward. The great corrupt state of California and the smog nazis that run it require me to have biannual emissions testing. I have to have a catalytic converter on this thing. Will I still be able to run the exhaust on the passenger side and use a Cat with the pass side drop transfer case?
Anyone have pics to share?
Thanks

Manimal

Banned
Reaction score
Must not be too many people here do an SAS with a GM axle?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No. You will not have enough room to fit the exhaust on the passenger side still with a passenger drop t/c there.. lol at the drivers side currently. That's how much room you will have after a pass drop t/c is there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

David Cruz

Reaction score
I've got some Dough Thorley headers and Y pipe that were on the stock 454 on my SAS with passenger side drop NP205 and Dana 60. the exhaust is running down the passenger side just fine. The only issue I have is the Y pipe has hit the passenger side shackle.

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
... why a gm d44?

Jeep JK 44s are alot thicker... and locked. Retube that *****.

:smokin:

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

bornchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't don't the swap yet but have the parts for it. With the ORD sas brackets I have for my 10 bolt I'm putting in the rear leaf hanger hits the y pipe Little on the passenger side

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run a chevy D44
When I was leaf sprung I had no issues there.. I used 52” springs socit gave the guy more
Room
To Reroute the “ y”. But yeah it was CLOSE.
Now that I have coils i use that mount for the upper arm and still no issues there.
Also I have a passanger drop Np 241 for sale.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exhaust will be tight. Wrap the pipe in header wrap to keep the heat down around the shackles if you need to.
I’m working on a the sas on my 93 c1500 and I found the pacesetter shorty headers keep the flange closer to the block than most others.

You must be registered for see images attach