Rumble rumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine dumped at the axle but it's summit chambered mufflers and it's great, but it does drone.

IMO glasspacks sound best without anything after them. Them are long glasspacks and are usually alot quieter then the shorter ones.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I had true dual glasspacks dumped right after the torsion keys, but they were to wispy and always rattled on that torsion key crossmember because I had no hanger on there, I eventually cut them off and left it like that.

You must be registered for see images

chevyguy28

Reaction score
i've got gibson shorties, true duals, no cats and 31in cherry bomb glass packs dumped before rear axle. Don't sound bad at cruising or takeoff but anything more than 3 grand and it sounds like sh*t. especially at WOT.

Last edited:

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds bad because of the turn downs IMO. I run mine with NOTHING after the muffler to get the sound I want. I've had even a 4" section of straight pipe after the muffler make a huge difference in sound. I run nothing after.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds bad because of the turn downs IMO. I run mine with NOTHING after the muffler to get the sound I want. I've had even a 4" section of straight pipe after the muffler make a huge difference in sound. I run nothing after.

a turn down or just 5 inches of pipe will change the sound sooo much,,i hate turn downs and the only thing id put tips on is a z with 12 inch glasspacks

chevyguy28

Reaction score
those couple of inchs of turndowns really make that much of a difference huh? i guess ill have to take mine off then...

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
When it's dumped like my picture from earlier, the sound has more places to travel, but when the pipes are pointed at the ground, and your pipes are like 16 inches from the ground, its going to drone and sounds like ****.