Rubber vs. Poly Body Mounts in Canada (and spring bushings at the same time?)

What to replace?

• Rubber Body Mounts

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Poly Body Mounts

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, replace Spring Bushings

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, do not replace Spring Bushings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking into replacing my body mounts since I'm pretty sure mine are original on a 98 K1500 with 355 km. From what I've found a lot of people say polyurethane are better because they'll last longer, but at the expense of a stiffer ride and more noise. I don't take the truck offroad anymore and it's my daily driver so I'm leaning more towards rubber right now, the biggest reason being the noise. But I wouldn't mind hearing what people have to say in the polyurethane vs. rubber discussion.

The other issue I have is I'm Canada, so our part selection is a bit limited. For polyurethane I can get the Energy Suspension kit 3.4122 ( http://www.tdotperformance.ca/energy-suspension-3-4122r-chevy-xtra-cab-2-4wd-body-mts-b.html ), but that's only bushings and my stuff is pretty rusty so I'd like to replace the bolts and plates and everything too. Napa and AutoPartsWAY both have a Dorman 924-010 set ( https://www.autopartsway.ca/partlis...l-v8/allb/body/frame/body-mount/pagenum1/tabs ) but I feel like that's a little expensive. Or is $60 per bushing/bolt kit really what I'm looking at?

Does anyone in Canada know where I can get a good rubber set (I'm in Alberta for local suggestions)? Or even a poly set that comes with all the hardware?

The other thing I want to ask is about leaf spring bushings. I've found a lot online of basically everyone saying I should replace my body mounts but not a whole lot on spring bushings, to me it seems to make sense to do them all at the same time. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I've found a lot of people say polyurethane are better because they'll last longer, but at the expense of a stiffer ride and more noise

Pretty much nailed it right here.

I was considering doing poly bushings all around on my red truck, but ended up sticking with rubber after asking my mechanic his opinion. He also mentioned that he's seen poly bushings fail early too sometimes. He said they're not as bulletproof as everyone seems to think compared to good rubber.

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I think your comment on some other thread was the first one I found against poly bushings haha.

So after some more looking I found the Dorman set for a much better price on RockAuto. They also have a Goodmark set that's out of stock, does anyone have any experience with either of these brands?

Also, just in regards to the bushings themselves, are they all the same? Or are the rear cab or rad support mounts different? And how many total for an extended cab (I'm away from home and can't check for a couple weeks)?

Jeff7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I found a diagram on LMC, looks like the rear cab mounts and the rad support mounts are both different. Has anyone used the Goodmark GMK414599081S mounts or the Dorman 924010 rad mounts? Thinking I might use those and go with the NNBS rear cab mounts.

Last edited: