Rough country /fabtech lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAMSTR323

Reaction score
Ok.. I just got my rough country 4 in 2wd lift... I needed to replace my upper a arm bushingsbut there's someone local to me that has a set of fabtech upper arms and spring for about $100.. would it be worth it? And can I just use the arms?

Thanks guys

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
If the fabtech arms are anything like the arms I have, you would need to have 2" spacers or coils so they can adjust the camber right. The arms themselves won't work with just the spindles and no coils/spacers.

As for the coils, you need to see how big they are, because fabtech had a 7" lift that came with a crossmember drop, I doubt you would be able to use those if that's the case. If they are a 2"-3" coil you can use both the spring and the upper control arm.

Now, are you prepared to spend almost half a day or so depending on your automotive knowledge to replace the coils? Doing lift coils/spacers are a PITA on our trucks, trust me, I've done it three times. First time took me 1/2 a day a side since I was trying to figure out how to do it. I can do both sides in hours now, but just a fair warning if you want to install the coils also.

Another thing, it will ride rough as heck with the springs depending on how high they lift and how close the upper arm is to the frame afterwards. Be prepared to, possibly, need frame repairs down the road. Ask me how I know, I was sitting at 6" all suspension, I dropped it down to 5" and rides so much better.