Rough Country 4"/6" kit install tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the torsion bars in their OEM location on the crossmember when using the relocators?
Everything goes back in the stock position. The actual torsion bar crossmember will get moved back and then new holes drilled (very easy).

Essentially you want as much of the torsion bar relocator into the lower control arm as you can without interference. They come with the black pvc colllars on the hex part that goes into the lower A-arm. This is what you trim that controls how far the relocation will seat in the control arm.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next just slide the crossmember as far forward as it will go while putting the torsion bars into the relocators (nothing stops them from sticking through the relocator so you need to make sure they are flush then drill new crossmember holes where it sits.
the center holes overlapped a bit but it tightens down all the same. I'd do a better job the 2nd time around if I ever do another one.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

EDS_5_OH

Reaction score
Where did you purchase your realift TB relocators? I've sent an email to realift and received no response.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I wonder if my 2 door has the same crossmember setup as the pickups and 4 door models. I'll have to look into it. WHere did you buy the relocators from?

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you purchase your realift TB relocators? I've sent an email to realift and received no response.
https://www.samsoffroadllc.com/orders/information/contact
Sams off road sells reallifts torsion bar relocators for them. I just looked on the site and couldn't find them for some reason. I would call see if they are Still selling them.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if my 2 door has the same crossmember setup as the pickups and 4 door models. I'll have to look into it. WHere did you buy the relocators from?
I thought the suvs cross members had to be notched or modified so the torsion bars can clear(something like that). However with the torsion bar relocators you might not have any problems. I'd look into it to be sure.

EDS_5_OH

Reaction score
Really.. Huh, I wonder why?

Divorce by the company owner, funds gone etc. Too bad, I might install them later if they or someone else make them again but doing during the install would have been nice.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will be doing this lift kit on a 2 door model and will also be installing a custom Dana 60 rear axle at the same time. The axle is 2" wider overall. Between the lift and the extra inch on each side, will I have an issue with my oem ebrake cables?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
May want to look at extending the lines if you are going to do any off-roading but for normal street use it would be fine. Otherwise extend them or add bump stops to stop excessive flex.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will be doing this lift kit on a 2 door model and will also be installing a custom Dana 60 rear axle at the same time. The axle is 2" wider overall. Between the lift and the extra inch on each side, will I have an issue with my oem ebrake cables?
I bought some extended brake lines by procomp for my pickup (I've yet to put them on) but it's something I think you'll want aswell.