Rough Country 2-3 Lift Kit For 88-98 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If so I'm about to get learnt. I want a 4" myself as my 285s lightly rub from time to time. Plus I feel front fender gap is inadequate.

minicooperzoom

RCSS' Rule!
Reaction score
Lol. At least from everything I've read here on the forum here that seems to be he only difference (maybe also shock length. But I'm not sure on that). But most guys says get the 6" kit because eventually you'll want to go taller and then all you'd need to do would be crank up for the extra 2" in the front (the drop bracket is like 5.25" or something like that) and then put in the rear add-a-leaf. I have 285s on my truck but my front end is cranked up a lot (more than it should be haha) but I only had to bend back the bottom of the fenders on the rear and slightly trim my front bumper. I only have rubbing issues on the front if I try to go full lock either way with the plow raised. In the rear I can get (just about if not) full flex and they barely touch. Although my front barely flexes since I have the sway bar still connected.
You must be registered for see images attach

1998 Chevy K1500 RCSS Z71

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, sounds like the 6" kit from years ago then. RCX requires a crank to get 6" and the Dick Cepek was 6" uncranked. If a block and crank is the only difference then I see no reason not to get the 4" since it has a little growing room. Bilstein 5100 shocks are spec'd for a 4-6" lift anyway. I'd like to find a used kit because I really don't want the garbage shocks the new stuff comes with.

minicooperzoom

RCSS' Rule!
Reaction score
Yeah lol. I'm just looking to see if running the 2"-3" kit would be better on the front end of my truck over just running the super cranked up setup I have now. And I do want a bit for height in the rear. I have thought about just putting a set of blocks in the rear

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with short blocks. All the 2-3" kit does is correct CV angles. It does nothing for BJ angles unless those uppers are aimed differently. They look like their purpose is to clear the downstops better so you can crank more. Plus someone mentioned the shock extensions suck.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so I have this kit on my 99 burb k1500 and I'm running the 285/75/17. I like it, not to high not to low, plus I have 4 kids 5 n under so I dnt want to constantly pick them up. I have no rubbing at all although I have no idea on the rim offset. There are two kits, spacer block or add a leaf. I did the spacer and now wish I did the leaf only because my leaves are kinda sagging now. If you haul anything I'd recommend the leaf kit, ride might be more harsh when unloaded. Also as for the shocks they were fine but I will be swapping them out sometime for the blistien 5100 which I believe are for 2-4 inch. Right now tho they dnt bug me cuz I'm used to driving pot hole dirt roads and on the pavement they're fine. If I remember right the 4 inch an higher also require the exhaust to be reconfigured

minicooperzoom

RCSS' Rule!
Reaction score
Alright thank you for the input. I really want a bit more height which the 2"-3" would give me and I should be able to still load all my lawn equipment into the bed for when I need to cut lawns