Rocky: The Redneck Plow Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Haven't posted on here in a while, but just picked up a new plow truck to replace my "$2000 Rock Crawler". This is a 1998 K2500 rclb, so now i have two. Came across it on craigslist dirt cheap, so i jumped on it. My current plow truck is a 1500 with a v6, and has a light duty home plow, and I want something heavier duty. This has a 350/4l80e. Im calling it Rocky because like my project truck Ted, it had a thing on the keychain that says "Rocky". Not sure if it will be more like Rocky Balboa or Rocky Dennis, but we'll see :D its got over 250k on the odometer but apparently its had a couple engine and trans swaps. If you can't tell, it was owned by a teenage redneck that had no clue how to work on cars. I bought it under the assumption that it needed trans cooler lines and a fuel pump. Turns out it didn't need a pump, there was a fuse missing under the hood. Made up some cooler lines and so far so good. It looks pretty solid on the outside, but the floors are really bad, to the point where i can feel my left foot move when i accelerate, and can see the left front cab mount from inside! Still need to do a few other little things like replace the wiper motor (like wtf did he do there) and clean up some underhood wiring so that it's not a fire hazard. I'll post more as i go along, but as you can see from the pictures it needs some help.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
More pics of the quintessential redneckness

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Great find, no rusted cab corners or anything! Can't pick up a clean truck like that around Iowa for dirt cheap, hell no, lol.

Could do without the redneck stuff, but to each his own. Thinking about removing the redneck stuff?

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Great find, no rusted cab corners or anything! Can't pick up a clean truck like that around Iowa for dirt cheap, hell no, lol.

Could do without the redneck stuff, but to each his own. Thinking about removing the redneck stuff?
Its certainly not "clean" by any means but does look decent on the outside at least. Did ya see the picture of the floor? :D As of now its just gonna be a lot plow truck so ill probably leave it.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Or like Rocky the squirrel?

The black truck is Bullwinkle then,

That's insulting that hick doesn't know how to work on cars or trucks, some of the folks around here aren't too bright but by god give them a wrench, a 350, and a plug of dip and they can turn **** to shinola

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's insulting that hick doesn't know how to work on cars or trucks, some of the folks around here aren't too bright but by god give them a wrench, a 350, and a plug of dip and they can turn **** to shinola

That is putting it pretty well. I'll take a beer over the plug and I like air tools for the ugly stuff.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Did a few things today, started off by removing a bunch of random wiring that doesn't go to anything. Found some under the dash that looked like it could have easily started a fire. Also fixed the wiring at the extra battery. Got the new tires in the mail, they look awesome for what I paid. Sold the spare trans also and that pretty much covered the cost of the tires. Also decided that since its gonna be a plow truck im gonna weld the spiders for extra grip. 255k and I don't think the cover has ever been off.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Did a few things today, started off by removing a bunch of random wiring that doesn't go to anything. Found some under the dash that looked like it could have easily started a fire. Also fixed the wiring at the extra battery. Got the new tires in the mail, they look awesome for what I paid. Sold the spare trans also and that pretty much covered the cost of the tires. Also decided that since its gonna be a plow truck im gonna weld the spiders for extra grip. 255k and I don't think the cover has ever been off.
I welded the spiders in my plow truck and it turned out great lol. You gonna use your plow or does that meyer pump work?