Restore of a rcss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it’s finally warmed up enough outside that I’m able to start working on the truck, I’ve picked up a few parts during the winter like a low km 350 to go into the truck and a few other odds and ends.

Well anyways I was able to get something done I was able to get the rear bumper hitch and box off the truck tonight with only one broken bolt for the box which was quite a surprise!

Be nice if my iPhone would let me share a picture or two with you guys but I get to click on the picture but no way to add it for what ever reason.

Next step is to get the front clip and fenders and bumper off so that I can start sand blasting the frame and get it ready for some por treatment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some time to take the front end apart and actually took a few more pictures along the way. everything that I have been taken apart so far has been really easy to take apart considering how much rust there is!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So guys while I have the box and front end all off I plan to do the frame sandblast and por 15 it as well as the front and rear end. And replace/repair all the wiring and all hoses, replacing all front end suspension parts and steering parts. What else should I be doing mods or otherwise things I could be doing I'm open to all ideas and willing to do any of the work this isn't my first 400 truck more like the 7th or 8th now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really haven't done a update In quite a while now but here we go, the last time I posted I'd gotten everything but the cab off of the frame. This fall we last my father to a very sudden heart failure and was a very big loss to my family and myself he guided me into everything I've done sports,work(red seal heavy tech like him) to my back injury leading me to a new career shop and service Manager for a automotive dealership, to any questions I ever had about my young family which my daughter was not quite one yet at the time.

Anyways enough about that I could go on forever about that subject! The truck has been cleaned up at the frame. Everything was removed minus the front and rear diff. I had to cut out the torsion bar crossmember just remove the control arms and torsion bars as I could not get the keys to break free! Heat 20 lbs sledge still wouldn't move it so I got mad and cut a piece on both sides to drop down the keys and pull everything out the front.

As I'm typing this up I'm waiting for my second coat of por15 to dry up and I will be doing a coat of base and clear to give it some UV protection. While I was waiting for the weather to warm up and such I rebuilt the rear end new brakes new parking brake cables new seals and cleaned it alll up ready for tires and rims!

Next after the paint dries is to put everything back to a rolling chassis and rip everything off the fire wall to get ready for paint as I was waiting all winter I got al of my floor rocker (inner and outer ) panels done and cab corners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit more of an update now, a few more things have happened the cab has seen some primer and little bit of putty and finally paint and the motor is starting to go back together now and block is also painted although there was a major screw up with the colour I wanted to be and how it ran out of my gun like a fours in instead of spraying properly, oh well it’s the way it goes

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it’s been a long time coming but it’s almost complete, just needs to get the ac charged up I’ll do that later date at work and get an alignment in the next week or or but it’s ready to roll seems to be running good and if I do say so my self looks pretty good also.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it’s been a long time coming but it’s almost complete, just needs to get the ac charged up I’ll do that later date at work and get an alignment in the next week or or but it’s ready to roll seems to be running good and if I do say so my self looks pretty good also.

A really nice truck! Good job!