Replacing wire harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Davis

Reaction score
I have a 98 4L60E. Is it possible to remove the wire harness on the valve body without removing the valve body? I want to replace all my electronics but don't really want to fart with removing the body. It looks like the accumulator is too close to the EPC solenoid to remove that solenoid and get the main connector back down through the hole above it. One of the solenoids (can't remember the name of it) is part of the harness and can't replace it without replacing the harness.

Jeff Davis

Reaction score
Never mind- I figured it out. You have to remove the accumulator- I think that's what it's called.

But it didn't fix anything. I replaced all the electronics and the harness. Same problem! Drives perfect until I stop and the next leg of the trip, it goes to limp mode. ????

Can it be a low voltage problem??
I'm have something drawing on the battery when parked overnight and even after driving it, I can kill it and try to restart it, but it will barely turn over. It's almost like my alternator isn't charging while driving. Brand new battery...
Just a thought.
I'm about to give up!