Repainting my entire truck (frame and body, pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you looked into some of Eastwood's solutions for coating/plating your bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't but now I'm curious! Do you mind posting a link to the product page? I wash searching for it just now but didn't come up with anything on their site.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another small update. Fenders and mirrors finished and installed along with the new wheel wells and core support.

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you spraying the inside of the engine bay? I'm thinking abt spraying mine with the bed liner but can't find anything that says if it's fine with all the heat. Sorry for all the questions.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing that wont be repainted with Raptor is the fire wall. I've painted the frame, wheel wells, fenders, radiator support so I suppose you could say I've done most of the engine compartment. Raptor is good for 250 degrees Fahrenheit, so I doubt any problems will arise unless someone were to use it as an engine or exhaust paint.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya the firewall is the only thing that concerns me. Might just go with a high temp flat black for it an line the rest

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Easy way to check how hot the firewall actually gets is to point a temp gun at in different locations. I truly couldn't imagine the firewall getting any hotter than the rest of the engine compartment, especially the hood since heat travels upwards. Raptor Liner is a urethane based product, like many modern automotive finishes so I think you would fine. :)

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I'd always go with a simple satin black on the engine bay. Easy to touch up. Goes with every color. A texture is going to accumulate dirt and grease and be harder to clean.