Repainting my entire truck (frame and body, pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. :) Here is my paint scheme. It's rather unconventional. It's another Raptor Liner paint job, but unlike other people I didn't spray it at full texture. I reduced it 15% and sprayed it with an HVLP gun instead of an undercoating gun. This removed the extremely chunky texture and made for a finer finish. It's colormatched to my factory paint, GM Indigo Blue Metallic, but I did something different and added some additional flake, Eastwood's starliner blue and black super flake. My paint overall is a matte finish, but the texture glitters when light hits it. The photos don't do it much justice. I know it's really different, but I like it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s what I’m talking about! I’m gonna be PMing you next spring for tips when I get ready to order my Raptor Liner kit, prep, and spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Appreciate all the kind words! GarrettGMC, I'm just using a no-name ebay $30 HVLP gun, nothing fancy at all. Chewy1576 PM me all you'd like, I'm, happy to help. :)

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! Means a lot coming from you guys. I wasn't sure at first but the more I look at it the more I like it. Can't wait to roll it out of the garage tonight and let some sun hit it tomorrow to see what it looks like outdoors. I'm hoping the metal flake will really pop.