Repainting my entire truck (frame and body, pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate any and all feedback on this thread. I plan to take many pictures and document everything. I hope lots of questions are asked so I can help others.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another small update, ended up punching out the camber knock outs so I can get a full alignment. Bought a very nice heavy duty tool specifically for this purpose on Amazon. It was only $35 and made the job a breeze, worked perfect with nice clean slots for the camber bolts. Also ended up buying a new fuel tank, strap kit, pump and assembly unit, and a K&N fuel filter. Washed the tank and scrubbed it with dish soap, then went over with wax and grease remover and shot a couple coats of a clear enamel for added protection. Here's a shot of the fender liners as well. Sprayed the Raptor with a much heavier texture than the frame to aid in stone chip resistance.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks awesome! How is the stuff to spray and how big of a mess is the overspray?

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sprays very easy. If I'm spraying a full (heavy/chunky) texture I'll use a Schutz style gun that Raptor sells, it's designed to screw right to the tops of the bottles. A regular HVLP gun can be used to spray a finer texture if thinning the Raptor with urethane reducer, up to 10 percent or so. It definitely can get everywhere, its pretty sticky until it flashes off. I'd definitely mask anything off or cover anything that you don't want over spray on.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a gravel pad next to my garage I was going to park on when I do the spraying. I will probably put up a sheet or two on the exterior wall and maybe my vinyl fence to catch the overspray. This won't be until next spring though. I'll probably have to use some kind of pop up cover for shade, and not do it too late in the spring or it starts getting way hot outside, especially in direct sunlight.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone sorry I haven't posted in a bit. Been crazy busy. Small progress update. New calipers installed, new stainless and jacketed hoses are in and brakes are bled. Front shocks are in. The cab is also painted. I'll get some pictures of that up soon. Hopefully will have the bed and rear bumper painted and back on by Sunday evening.

Goose 3406

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man everything looks like its turnin out nice. I would love to do this to my truck, but its my only vehicle and i dont have time to work on my truck on top of my job.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean about being crazy busy. I've just worked in it when I can. I'm lucky enough to daily drive my Accord for work and back.