Relocating expansion tank on bagged trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ima ditch it for an aluminum bud lime can if I can ever find one... Or an absinthe bottle cause the antifreeze is about same color :)

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
......So the cap should roughly be even where the hot line is? I looked at some pics of stock location but just didn't seem like it was mounted that high.

I went outside and looked at my factory setup today. It's not quite as high as I thought it was but I think it's close...... it's hard to tell because of the distance and the air cleaner in between. It looks like the hot line is just below the hose coming out of the filler neck on the radiator.

One of those aluminum jobs would probably be great. One of them painted black might even be nice in my otherwise OEM engine compartment. Actually. what I'd rather move is the windshield washer bottle. Mine sits under where a second batter would go, and I don't like it there.

I like the glass overflow bottle, too. I'm not sure how I'd mount it, Though. The look probably wouldn't work in my truck, any way.

04silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, I don't have the aluminum can myself.. I said a few people on here do.
I put the factory one on my drivers side core support. I was able to splice the factory hose and extend it with some extra air line I had.. I used the air line cause it's more rigid and fits into the factory clips on top the fan shroud. Working fine so far..lol
Ya I was talking about the factory bottle mounted a little lower like you have it....prob just going to do the same. The 93 bottle looks just like yours and I know there is enough room there. You answered my question even though I think I confused you...lol.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
they look good..

You must be registered for see images attach

Don't have a pick but this is the same one I used small and out of the way. Pierced told me about this one and I mounted mine in the same location, next to the radiator cap.

Laid GP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just so happen to have an empty,Jack Daniels bottle laying around. What's the best way to set this up so it allows for the coolant to be sucked back out to the radiator? Looks like the one in that pic has a line going in to the bottom of the bottle.

98HeavyBagger

Reaction score
Hi guys am kinda new to this so if I mess up please let me know but here goes, this deals with the truck in the avatar, and the relocating issue as I am having the same problem except my truck is running the 6.5 diesel engine so the overflow has to be pressurized and now that I have fiberglassed my tubs in I am lost as to where to put the overflow I have the stock from my truck and have also purchased 2 of the aluminum cans but they aren't anywhere near as long as the ones posted so I guess the ultimate question is Corvette comes with a stock pretty much flat overflow and I think it is pressurized does anyone know if this would work for my truck or is it not going to have enough volume as that is what I am running into with the 2 cans I have now and then the stock there is absolutely nowhere to put that behemoth let me know if pics are needed can go snap some any help will be greatly appreciated as I have had this truck now for 3 years and have only driven it 4 times and when I purchased it it was a show truck I have stripped it down completely new front clip all new bag setup complete 2nd gen escalade interior you name it I have done it and am now down to the final steps and have hit a major road block with this sorry so long winded but stress is through the roof

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use a Blox 3x9 stainless tube setup. It's return style and I only paid 30 doll hairs on Amazon for it. I had to mount it higher than radiator cap because if location. No issues except I had a weak rad cap that would over fill overflow constantly