Recovery Points

Discussion in 'Offroad Build Threads' started by Dylans95Chevy, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Dylans95Chevy

Dylans95Chevy I'm Awesome

Hello, I have a 95 K1500. Dont really have anywhere good to attach a pull strap on either the front or rear of the truck. Bent the brushguard last night but not to bad. So for the rear I was going to weld 2 D ring shackle mounts onto the trailer hitch receiver since it hangs lower than the bumper. I need some ideas for the front though. I dont want a huge offroad bumper, prefer to keep the stock one. But I was wanting to build a winch tray behind the bumper without having to hack the bumper up to bad. Looking at a 10-12k electric winch with remote mount solenoid. Also want to have 2 D ring shackle mounts up front as well. Has anyone done this on a GMT400? Thanks

2. Dylans95Chevy

So I think if I remove the skid plate, use some 2 inch square tubing with ends capped and then weld some 1/4" plate steel under the tubing, and notch the bumper behind the license plate bracket. That should give me just enough room to mount a winch semi-hidden and give me a place to weld D ring shackle mounts to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Dylans95Chevy

Plenty of room here for shackle mounts
    [​IMG]

4. Dylans95Chevy

Picked up some steel plate for capping the 2 & 1/2" square tubing I got. Going to remove the skid plate tonight and do some measuring.
    [​IMG]

5. Dylans95Chevy

No way to fit winch all the way behind the bumper. But its only got to stick out this far:
    [​IMG]
    Heres the design so far:
    [​IMG]