Recentering proprtioning valve 1997 C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbob

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a problem vacuum blleding the rear brakes and ended up with the dash light on. I cracked open a front brake line and stomped on the pedal, to re center the valve and the light went out. i re-bled the brakes (Vacuum fronts and gravity bled rears) and nbow the light stays out upon light braking, but comes on when you press the pedal hard. The light goes out again usually when you let off the pedal.

is this because i have not got it centered correctly, or maybe because i have air still in the rears? the truck stops okay, but with the usual mushy pedal.

How do i ensure the valve is centered up correctly, and what is the best method to bleed this system? Truck is a '97 C1500.

Thanks

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's one thing you can try, it helped me when I couldn't get fluid to the rear circuit.

On the side of the combination valve is a black rubber cap, lower right in photo....

You must be registered for see images attach

Removing the cap, there is a pin underneath that extends when the brake pedal is pushed. Hold a screwdriver against the pin (not pushing it in, just keeping it from extending) and have someone pump the brakes. That recentered mine, but I didn't have the pressure switch light on.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk