Receiver install hardware for K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a hardware kit available or a parts list for the stock Class III receiver? I pulled the one from my parts truck over the weekend and the hardware is in pretty rough shape and/or missing so I want to use all new stuff when bolting it to my K2500.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Just go to the hardware store and purchase new Grade 8 bolts. It won't be hard to find what you need, bring along one of the old bolts for comparison.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bolts, washers, and nuts I'm not too worried about. It's the thick square and round spacers I'm really looking for.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So ditch the spacers? I figured they helped add strength by increasing surface area, same as a washer but stronger.

Yeah, you're going to want to keep the spacers.

Have you contacted the hitch manufacturer to see if you can buy new spacers directly from them?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I dont think theyre nessicary. I get big grade i bolts nuts and washers. And have never had a problem and i tow a couple times a week.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, you're going to want to keep the spacers.

Have you contacted the hitch manufacturer to see if you can buy new spacers directly from them?

It's an OEM hitch from a '92 K2500. I will run to the local nut and bolt supply house and see how big of washers I can find a stack a few of them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just hit a local hitch supply and buy a hardware kit. If no dedicated trailer/hitch place, U-Haul, etc. Having the nuts with the tabs attached sure makes the job go easier.

Richard