Rebuilding Rear Drums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couldn't really find anywhere else to put this but my rear rotors are warped I'm pretty sure. After I go about 45+ and brake, the rear bounces pretty violently. Could this have any negative effect on anything else on the rear? Also, not a huge concern but sometimes, I can feel it when I'm braking realllly slow at a reallllly slow speed but not usually but it feels like the brakes kind of grab and then let go and then grab and let go

Plan on doing 14 bolt swap later with rear discs but not doing anything to my 10 bolt so Ima keep the drums. Prolly another dumb question, but what size rotor would y'all go with on a 22" wheel on 33s and 35s?

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old thread but question. I have a 95 tahoe with a 10 bolt my brake hardware is different from this. Any insight ot writeups on the other type of drum break hardware?

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old thread but question. I have a 95 tahoe with a 10 bolt my brake hardware is different from this. Any insight ot writeups on the other type of drum break hardware?
You've possibly got the HD drums. What is your drum diameter? Either way, with the exception of the wheel cylinders, the process will be nearly identical. Modern drum brakes all use the same components.

Shkafar

Reaction score
Hi.
Tell me, please. it is possible install rear brakes from 4 doors to 2 doors? I mean change 10" to 11".
Yestarday we tryed it. But demensions between bolts are different.
We speak about tahoe 95, 5.7 TBI, 1500.

FarmTrok

Reaction score
Is it possible for me to put a 98 K1500 rear end (the whole thing) on my 92 C1500? I know the K1500 is wider but will it all still bolt up? Anyone done this before? Im trying to do a 5 lug to 6 lug swap and have a K1500 rear end already.

Jason Hackett

Reaction score
Try this product from tractor supply. **** is amazing! And it actually works! I've been using it now for the last couple years it really slows the rust down almost completely kills it off. Especially body panels! Pretty nasty **** though, make sure you do it outside or on gravel, if doing in your garage lay poly down cause it will eat the surface of your concrete. Otherwise follow directions pretty simple to use!

You must be registered for see images attach