rebuilder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im looking at having my trans rebuilt

the guy quoted me 850 with torq converter for factory rebuild

said 1000 for beefed up rebuild with torq converter

what can I expect that will be done for the extra 150

good clutches and a shift kit?

makes me wonder

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In all honesty $150 is not that much difference in price but I'd ask your builder what's included for each price and then post that info here for opinions on their worth.

Also take in consideration how you drive your truck daily. If it's just daily cruising to & from work, hardware stores etc...... a stock build should do ya. If you like to really drive it hard and want the tranny snatch 2nd gear and still shift nice & firm through the other gears the extra $150 might be worth it to you.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I would spend the extra $150, I was quoted $1400 for a rebuild recently so if he's a quality builder I think you're getting a good deal

tomcat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you get better bands , sometimes the trans will come with phonelic pistons,(ie plastic) the tend to crack ,and bleed some psi then you dont have enough preasure to hold the bands .
so most will add alumnium pistons .
add a shift kit , the correct type , the B&M kits are just a seperator plate and new balls .
a good kit will add springs for the valve body also .

a deeper pan , for more fluid ,but make sure you get the right filter . you need to make sure that the filter stays covered .

i burned up a trans with a derail pan deep pan with tubes through the bottom. it has to use a shallow pan filter under hard acceleration the fluid all went to the back of the pan and uncovered the filter.

this was with a 4l65e in my gto