Rear view camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shebrolet

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
forgive me if this has been covered, I'm about as new to this forum as possible.

I've got a 98 C1500 Extended cab that I'm looking to purchase a rear view camera for. It will be mated to the Pioneer AVH-X3700BHS.

A few questions:
is there an alternative to the license plate mounted cameras that you guys have found success in using? I dont want to cover up the "TEXAS" on my lic. plate and risk being ticketed for it.

Anybody have any pros/cons to utilizing a wireless receiver for the camera vs. running the A/V cord from camera to head unit ?

Thanks in advance!

Eric1998

Reaction score
I have a rear view camera made by "Concept " on my 98 obs.
It's cheap but it works very well and it does cover up the word Texas on my L/P. (It comes with a L/P bracket)
I have a Alpine on my daily driver (which cost me more than double of what I paid for the concept camara ) and I can't tell much difference in the quality. Hope this helps.

Shebrolet

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
appreciate the feedback on quality.

Mine will be limited in use, really only want to see the hitch stinger so I can line up to my trailers easier. Glad to know the lesser expensive options will perform to my needs.

I really just dont want to cover up the L/P. Would REALLY like to find a way to mod my tailgate handle and put it in there.