Rear Shock Bar Pin Eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've been searching high and low for a bar pin eliminator kit for the upper rear shock mounts on my '94 Blazer. There's a bunch of jeep bar pin eliminator brackets, but nothing for Chevys. Does anyone have any insight on this. I know they'd be fairly simple to fab. Thanks

Reaction score
Well, This weekend I went to the auto parts store and compared jeep xj Cherokee rear shocks next to k1500 blazer rear shocks and found that the upper bar pins are fairly close. The bolt hole locations are within 1/16th of an inch, the blazer's being the narrower of the two. So, I ordered some xj bar pin eliminators that looked like they had a bit of room to ream the holes inboard a tad. I'll post the results of this experiment soon.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Consulted the Google, and I find it interesting. Never really heard it on my Chevies, but I do have another truck that does make this supposed noise. Might have to look into this.

Steven433

Reaction score
Well, This weekend I went to the auto parts store and compared jeep xj Cherokee rear shocks next to k1500 blazer rear shocks and found that the upper bar pins are fairly close. The bolt hole locations are within 1/16th of an inch, the blazer's being the narrower of the two. So, I ordered some xj bar pin eliminators that looked like they had a bit of room to ream the holes inboard a tad. I'll post the results of this experiment soon.

Any luck with this? I've been searching for the same thing.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also searching for the same product. Or maybe a generic bar pin to press into a general shock body/bushing eyelet