rear axle change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacksport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i didn't know what i was getting into. my truck had a 3.08 open end diff and i scored a GU6 G80 at the junk yard for 80 bucks it was in a 99 suburban so i grabbed the sway bar for 15 bucks more .learn as you go. i didn't get the rear breaks because they wanted too much cash for that junk and my truck has new shoes + GOOD ac delco drums. so i thought i would just use my breaks,wrong answer turns out the burb breaks are larger:whymewhyme:,so no problem i'll just swap the backing plates.wrong the backing plate won't bolt up to the larger backing plate bolt holes and not enough there to re-drill......:banghead:
so i got all new 99 burb stuff,drums,shoes,break cylinders and "complete hardware kits". thay are not complete!:mad:
back to the junk yard i go.......:buttkick:
the plunger things go from the cylinder to the shoe
e-break things
miscellaneous hardware that is missing from those complete kits
long story long another 150 and i have a unintended big drum break swap with all new stuff...........:grd: