Re wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95 puller

Reaction score
hey guys I'm completely new here but I have a few questions about wiring I've been rebuilding my 1995 Chevy k3500 truck it has a 496 big block with carb an th400 trans and now I wanna do away with all the computer wiring and I'm goin to put all new gauges in. Is this even possible I would like a few tips, has anyone ever done this, I wanna keep all the factory controls heat ac turn ignition but everything else can go any help would be great. Thank you

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can definitely be done. I don't think it will be very easy but it's completely possible. You can find gauges that use GPS for Speedo. And you can wire the other gauges independent of the harness. Your brake light operate off of a switch that the pedal presses. You can rewire that out of the harness. Headlights would be fairly easy to wire as well. Possibly the easiest thing to do would be to buy a new harness for a 73-85 Or before they started with tbi/edu. I'm sure the later in the years would be easiest it seems. I'm not sure but I'm guessing turn signals and hvac wiring would be more similar. As far as hvac controls you may have to rewire them, again I'm unsure.

I know this sounds like a lot. You can do anything your mind can dream and your budget or in my case wife will allow you to pay for. I've been building mine for over two years. I've been discouraged and pissed off many times. Two weeks ago I fired it up and felt like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.

If you ever have any question I'll do the best I can to help. I work in a body shop and have access to quite a bit of information.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The gauge wirING is not with the ecu harness. You can remove the computer and the harness coming from the passenger side and your gauges will still work.