Re-purposed overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
scored one these at Crazy Ray's over the weekend. It's amazing how many gmt400's are there but picked clean :(. Anyway I'm gonna mount new switches in this thing for all my accessories and try to wire up the map lights. Anybody done this? Guess I'll have to make custom switch pods.

You must be registered for see images attach

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got one in my truck now that I installed. You can take apart the AC switch, and get you a piece of black plastic. Use the AC piece as a template to trim the plastic to size, and glue/expoxy it to the faceplate. Then cut/drill your holes for your switches and mount them there. Or do like Im doing and snag an AC delete faceplate and use that. as far as the lights go, I got smart and cut the entire wiring harness for the lights out of the junk yard truck and spliced it into the cab light power lines.

95bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got one in my truck now that I installed. You can take apart the AC switch, and get you a piece of black plastic. Use the AC piece as a template to trim the plastic to size, and glue/expoxy it to the faceplate. Then cut/drill your holes for your switches and mount them there. Or do like Im doing and snag an AC delete faceplate and use that. as far as the lights go, I got smart and cut the entire wiring harness for the lights out of the junk yard truck and spliced it into the cab light power lines.
Nice. Cab lights are on the list. My interior is kind of low on the priority scale for the time being though. Fixing old cars never happens fast enough. Or cheap enough. Lol

SamCal36

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will they go in a 93 just fine ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
howd you wire the homelink up?
All you need is power and ground. You can hook up the illumination wire if you'd like also. If you have a temperature/compass mirror, you can grab power there. I've done that in the past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Where would i wire that up to? and theres a few compass mirrors in the scrapper i can grab. going to do that next for sure. i already have the temp probe.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where would i wire that up to? and theres a few compass mirrors in the scrapper i can grab. going to do that next for sure. i already have the temp probe.
Run it over to the A pillar and down to the convenience center under the dash. Find a keyed hot for the mirror and constant hot for the ohc lights and homelink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk