rcx tech question.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
originally bought a 6in kit for my 88 pickup. now that i gave up on that i'm gonna put it in my 95 yukon. rough country says i need a different torsion drop kit for the yukon at a cost of another 100 bucks. from the looks of it the yukon crossmember mounts differently than my truck. my question is can i steal the crossmember out of my pickup and use that instead of the yukon one and save a 100 that i really can't afford to spend?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can you take some pics of both units,i helped a kid do a kit that was bought out of a 95 yukon at the salvage yard near me and it was put in a 94 1500 rclb and he bought everything from the yukon including the crossmember and the drop kit and it worked

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you gat a tourch a welder and a bfh... it will fit

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just an update on this. the pick-up cross member will work. installed my kit yesterday using the one from my truck. i also used the torsion bars from the truck too due to the fact that the yukon was fully cranked and still sagged in the front. seems the truck bars are about 2-3 inches longer than the yukon bars. will post pics soon.