RCX Lift Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lt1camaro94

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do to my truck this summer. After doing a lot of thinking, I have been pretty set on going with a suspension lift. If I do go through with the suspension lift I will get the RCX 6" suspension lift, but only do the 4" lift. I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys on whether it would be worth it and if you guys think it would look good on my truck. I've got 33" tires which is why I only want to go with the 4". Here's a quick pic of my truck (Left). Any input at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine is set at 4" with 305/70 (34" ). It rides great an looks good. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

My build thread link is in my sig along with my rcx tips thread. Any install questions just ask...

lt1camaro94

Reaction score
Mine is set at 4" with 305/70 (34" ). It rides great an looks good. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

My build thread link is in my sig along with my rcx tips thread. Any install questions just ask...

I'm going to take a look through your build thread right now..thanks. My only worry was that my 33's would look too small if I go with the 4" suspension lift.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think 33's would look perfect with the 4"

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a look through your build thread right now..thanks. My only worry was that my 33's would look too small if I go with the 4" suspension lift.

I don't think they look to small. Mine actually measure right to 33" mounted on the rims. A 33/12.5 might measure out a little shorter.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished my 94 with a 6" RCX, great kit! the 6" is big forsure, I had 285/75R16 tires on stock rims, (33's) and they looked tiny on the 6", I would say get the 6" kit and don't put the add a leaf in. its 30$ more, and having a lifted truck and being able to almost clear 35's........ you will probably want the 6" soon after. My truck rides as good as before in the front, I did notice a considerable increase in spring rate in the rear with the add a leaf, also I'm very sure I got more like 7" of lift in the rear, I clear 35's no problem,almost dwarf them and I can not crank my front end enough to level with the rear. Only thing I don't like about the kit is the supplied shocks seem too week on rebound control for the front end, It rides very plush, but over heaves in a highway or high speed bumps (rollers) the truck feels very soft in the front end and starts to float like a marshmallow. im also running no sway bar, so it body rolls in corners, but hey....makes me feel like a prerunner!. I installed in it my friends garage, took a day and a half, but only about 14 hours of solid work. the rest was beer drinking and other time wasting.