RCLB TD build thread. Q&A, mostly me questioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering just doing A 2.5" 47" spring on mine, I really don't want it any taller, but it rides like I have cast iron wheels now and the whole front end is just effed

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
I was debating between 47s and 52s when i was collecting parts

47s ride more like factory supposedly and the 52s quite softer with more flex.

Hell, these 52s (five leafs no overload of course) and these skyjackers the front end is firm, not **** but feels firm sitting here. I'll have a better idea once its on the road.

And to be honest, ive never cared for ifs trucks. And the new aluminum Ford's are too light if you ask me (drove a 6cyl 2wd long box, ass end of the truck was hoppy and skittish, all **** over the road)

And yeah, front end was hooped on my truck. All new again, and if you are buying everything stateside, cheaper still to do it over there.

dave_erald

Reaction score
Been busy last couple of weeks. Motor is running. Power steering is full, oil changed, fluid in transmission, exhaust and stack is finished (came out mint in fact, waaaay better than I thought it would)

Interior is going back in, ds inner fender is in, steering is all attached (steering wheel is not straight, hopefully not too far off that i can adjust it out)

Fired the motor and its got a miss, not only that but it has this tingy knock sound too, dah fuq right? It had only been sitting a year and a bit...

Started looking it over, here and there, decide maybe I can isolate the cylinder, so I start cracking injector lines on the injectors one by one. Get to number 5, no real change in rpm and you can see it is not just spitting diesel fuel out, but violently too like there is some gas blowing it out.

Pull injector 5, disassemble. Needle is stuck in the nozzle, like stuck stuck. Pull apart, clean and lube. Stick it back in the motor. Fire it up. Like brand new again. I got a video of the engine after the fix but not before hand. Should have too, white smoke, miss firing, clattering away junk. Now? Smooth and smoke free.

Post video tomorrow. I hope

dave_erald

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of updating to this thread to do, but for now I leave you with a poorly executed cut

You must be registered for see images attach

dave_erald

Reaction score
Bought a welder. Less than half price and just unboxed, guy decided not to use it. 400 cash for a 230volt 180 amp max output MIG welder.

Gonna try and build bumpers next

You must be registered for see images attach

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
still waiting on the vid.................
like the truck. and engine. gonna relocate the FFM to the fender? makes maintenance a breeze.

dave_erald

Reaction score
@deejaaa I put the replacement ffm right back in the same spot after I got it modified and wasn't even thinking about maintenance at that point. But, yeah, fender mounted would be smarter.

I did post a video on my Facebook page after I fixed the number 5 injector for sticking last year when I first got it going again. I'll have to find that one and post it here, maybe try and make a new video today or tomorrow

dave_erald

Reaction score
Hope this video shows up. First time using Vimeo

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Horray! Great success!

Not very rattley or clattery for a 6.2 eh? Bottle of two stroke oil every fill up helps

Last edited: