RCLB parking brake cables?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I've spent a couple days reading threads and talking to parts people to get parking brake cables for RCLB. Everything I've read and everyone I've talked to has had different opinions. The dealer wants me to bring it in, so I'm kind of over searching. This is a 1990 K3500 regular cab, long bed. When my dad had it, they had gotten snagged when getting wood, so he cut them off. So I can't even match them up to anything.

One of posts that surfaces a lot, the guy with a regular cab long bed said his wheel base is 145 which isn't the RCLB wheel base... it should be 131.5. Even at that he was complaining that they were too long. Anyhow does anyone actually know what length cables I need for this?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
If you can wait a bit I have a 1988 RCLB and I have some factory cables in the shop still in the box. As soon as it is done raining i will go out to the shop and get the numbers for you.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
OK, Here is the info:Right hand cable, PN 15607686, total length from ferrule to end of threaded adjuster,103 1/2"

Left hand cable PN 15522539, total length 78 1/2" ferrule to ferrule,

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I just replace the cables on my 88 rclb. here is what i ordered. Everything went on as i should.

Raybestos BC93937 - Right Rear
Raybestos BC95213 - Left Rear
Wagner BC124687 - Front

Found the best price on amazon with the free 2 day shipping

also order a great kit for doing the rear drums. It has ALL the hardware in it.
Carlson H2307

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the info! That's so much better than these shops and "I think". Which I understand with regards to them. But thankful for you guys!