Rasp sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man. Forgot to mention I'm still on stock logs, I'll make a new vid whenever I get headers

kssilverado

Reaction score
Have any of you guys heard anything good/bad about Walker mufflers? I know they're cheap but maybe they have a decent sound....

Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have any of you guys heard anything good/bad about Walker mufflers? I know they're cheap but maybe they have a decent sound....

No idea if they're the same quality parts as what they were 40yrs ago, but my dad used to run Walkers back in the early 70's on his '66 Chevelle. Mainly because they were the quietest aftermarket muffler he could find. He liked them, said he could sneak up on a lot of people if he wanted/needed to. He ran them for 5-6yrs IIRC and never had any issues.

Might be worth looking into if quiet is what you're after. Who knows if the company is even under the same ownership these days though...

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard good about walker. Only complaint I've heard is from 4x4 guys canopening them easy.

kssilverado

Reaction score
Hmmm....alright. I'm looking for loud, not quiet tho. Just too tight to spend the money for Flowmasters lol

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Dynomax ultraflows can be had from Amazon for less than $60. If you want to sound like everybody else and have nothing but drone, go flowmaster or flowmaster knockoff. If you want deep authorative tone with minimal interior resonance, go Dynomax!

Haha, how's that for a commercial.

I am in no way a paid sponsor of Dynomax.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My friend runs dynomax on his race truck. (350 swapped Nissan hardbody) sounds decent. But yet he has actual race mufflers

kssilverado

Reaction score
What about Excelerator mufflers? Shop in town told me they're pretty much a 40 series knock off for around 40 bucks.
Dynomax ultraflows can be had from Amazon for less than $60. If you want to sound like everybody else and have nothing but drone, go flowmaster or flowmaster knockoff. If you want deep authorative tone with minimal interior resonance, go Dynomax!

Haha, how's that for a commercial.

I am in no way a paid sponsor of Dynomax.
But after reading this, I think I might just go with Dynomax! Haha

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Excelerator are made by AP exhaust. Decent quality stuff. Dynomax Ultraflows are stainless steel, keep that in mind.