Rag Joint Eliminator for 96+?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
has anyone with a 98 done the flaming river mod the more research i do the more i question myself this person says it will work the next says it will bind i want to know if someone deffinitly knows it works or not

Ive done the flaming river mod. Huge difference, no more steering slop, no binding in my situation and it fit under the factory plastic cover on my 97 gmc. I drilled and tapped holes in my factory shaft for the flaming river bolts to thread into so if ever an issue i can go back to rag joint. Only thing is its a SOB to install. Patience is needed. I can add pics tho the thread later.

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used an eBay replacement instead of the expensive flaming river version saved like 20 or so
Works great
You CAN use the river joint it only adds one more joint.
The Jeep ones add two creating 3 unsupported joints and causes a sag and a bind.
But honestly Flange bearing on the fire wall is easy to do and fixes that issue... just seemed like a lot of extra work when this little bloke did the job.

For me it wasn’t a miracle slop
Remover BECAUSE my gear box was bad. I replaced it with a summit A.C. Delco and BOOM dives great.
Also fixed (bypassed) the EVO sensor... I wanted to take a picture of that but I didn’t.
I’ll post a pic of that mod too eventually.
Maybe a little write up

You must be registered for see images attach

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the critical eyes... yes I put that jam nut on...
This was me taking a picture before I forgot like I usually do

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used an eBay replacement instead of the expensive flaming river version saved like 20 or so
Works great
You CAN use the river joint it only adds one more joint.
The Jeep ones add two creating 3 unsupported joints and causes a sag and a bind.
But honestly Flange bearing on the fire wall is easy to do and fixes that issue... just seemed like a lot of extra work when this little bloke did the job.

For me it wasn’t a miracle slop
Remover BECAUSE my gear box was bad. I replaced it with a summit A.C. Delco and BOOM dives great.
Also fixed (bypassed) the EVO sensor... I wanted to take a picture of that but I didn’t.
I’ll post a pic of that mod too eventually.
Maybe a little write up

Looks great. Part number or description to search ebay for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a flaming river u-joint on my 93, easy to install but it is a perminent modification to the steering shaft and does crush the shaft easily when your torquing down those set screws. Well worth it though!!!

For that I “set” the screw to mark the shaft then drilled it
my set screw went into it. I drilled it tight it almost self tapped.
I was going to tap it but figured it was over kill
I did add red lock tite

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/122746286357

@Cokeman95

There’s the link but as you know it’s eBay and subject to expire soon

Search for a “joint 1”DD x 3/4”-30”

And that should get it for you
I was being a Little modest with the savings
You can get some really killer deals

Also for those that prefer spending more and naysay this joint
This is a low speed situation the joint will be fine

Last edited: