Rad core support fitment

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by Janxy81, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Janxy81

Janxy81 Newbie

I hope I'm posting this in the right place lol. Couldn't find anything online or through the search bar so here goes. The radiator core support on my '90 C2500 is absolutely trashed. Do the supports in the 1500's have the same dimensions or do I need to look specifically for replacement for the 3/4 ton? I found a beauty at the junkyard today for fifty bucks and I'd love to clean it up and paint it to get her ready for new fenders and wheel wells. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

2. 884x4310ci

884x4310ci OBS Enthusiast

I am pretty sure they are the same. But maybe someone else can reassure my thought.

Janxy81 likes this.
  3. Janxy81

Janxy81 Newbie

Thanks 884. I'm sure hoping they're the same. Finding 2500s in the junkyards up here, well let's just say it's difficult lol. It's all half tons and NBS.

4. someotherguy

someotherguy I'm Awesome

Same across the board 1500-2500-3500 just not the 3500HD (straight front axle, 19.5 wheels, etc.) as that one is taller.

They vary through the years with mounting holes bu you should be fine with most years for your '90. Early ones don't have the holes for the 94-up grille filler strip, then around maybe 96 some new holes up top for different washer bottle if you had the under hood storage box, stuff like that.

Richard

Dahead76 and Janxy81 like this.
  5. Janxy81

Janxy81 Newbie

Outstanding! I am so relieved to hear this! Thanks OtherGuy I really appreciate it. Junkyard here I come!!!