Question re "points"

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help and Suggestions' started by Eveready, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Eveready

Eveready Newbie

I understand from reading the rules that points are not a good thing. In my short stay here I have managed to acquire 3 points. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I did . My intention is to mostly lurk, comment when I can contribute and be helpful when I can. How did I manage to mess up?

2. Urambo Tauro

Urambo Tauro Newbie

I was wondering about this too. Every once in a while, the forum alerts me to say that I've been awarded "points" for racking up a certain amount of posts, or likes, or whatever. I guess that's a good thing; it looks like they're called "trophy" points on my profile.

So these "trophy" points must be different from the ones mentioned in the rules, but what am I supposed to do with them? Do you cash in accumulated points for special avatar or posting privileges or something?

Eveready likes this.
  3. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

They're a good thing. You can't cash them in or anything, though. Likes and trophy points are basically just there to establish your reputation as a trusted member. A little different than the old reputation system but it seems to work.

Eveready likes this.