Question for the Esky/Denali front end guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you do a denali or esky front end swap, did you get a kit or did you buy it off a wrecked vehicle? And did it have fender flares on it? The kit im trying to sell has plastic fender flares, but one is off of the fender. And to mount the fender flares, there are holes in the fenders. Im wondering what was done to fill these holes or how you did it?

Thanks

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I got my front end off one in the junkyard... and mine has those same holes your talking about, unfortunately though I haven't even.began to fill mine yet. if you conf up with a solution let me know!

sent from the eskanalierra lol

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my front end off one in the junkyard... and mine has those same holes your talking about, unfortunately though I haven't even.began to fill mine yet. if you conf up with a solution let me know!

Im trying to sell mine so I want to see if anybody know what to do with it so I can tell the person who buys it what to do.. lol

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
oh yeah unless they are going back onto another Denali/esky they are just going to have to fill them. I would guess welding then body filler would be the best way :shrug:

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks ill have to see if I can even find someone to buy it yet.. :deal:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Aluminum block on the back side and weld em closed, will fill the holes but the weld wont stick to the aluminum

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
You can do the same as aluminum with a block of brass or brass hammer. Aftermarket escalade kits do not have the holes in the fenders but they are made of very thin metal. I have an aftermarket kit for my truck. Would much rather have the oem fenders and weld the holes than have the paper thin aftermarkets.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can do the same as aluminum with a block of brass or brass hammer. Aftermarket escalade kits do not have the holes in the fenders but they are made of very thin metal. I have an aftermarket kit for my truck. Would much rather have the oem fenders and weld the holes than have the paper thin aftermarkets.

This. OEM is the only way to go with this stuff.

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wellllll.... I got it if you know anyone that's able to ship or lives close to iowa!

hrkhotrods

Reaction score
My first one I bought new over the counter at the Caddy dealer. I never did fill the holes, couldn't make my mind up on whether to make cladding for the rest of the body or not.

Shame you aren't near NJ, I'm looking for another clip.