Putting newly rebuilt trans back in, can't find wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok, so for the past few months I've been rebuilding my 4L60E in my 1999 GMC Suburban C1500 2wd with a 5.7 Vortec. I'm finally done, took so long b/c I didn't know what all parts I would need at first and had family and job responsibilities. Rebuild is finally done, putting the transmission back in, and I've got all the electrical hooked up except the O2 sensors, which will hook up as soon as I put the exhaust pipes with the cats back in, and this one connector. It's coming out of the same harness as the speed sensor and round connector for the transmission wiring harness. It doesn't have a lot of slack, but I can't for the life of me find where it goes. Any ideas what it is? Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to me like its already mated to a dummy connector thing, so you don't need to mess with it. It looks sorta like an o2 sensor harness connector. Did someone mess with the rear o2s?
I didn't see that connector when I was doing the trans in my '97. It's 4wd though, might have something to do with it.

Reaction score
Looks to me like its already mated to a dummy connector thing, so you don't need to mess with it. It looks sorta like an o2 sensor harness connector. Did someone mess with the rear o2s?
I didn't see that connector when I was doing the trans in my '97. It's 4wd though, might have something to do with it.
Oh, I see what you are talking about. Didn't notice that dunmy connextor earlier. The rear o2s come in on a different wire that is hanging on the driver's side at the rear of the trans. Thanks for the help. Guess illI continue putting it back together and ser if I have any warning lights after I hook the battery back up.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree with it being a dead head plug. It doesn't look like it has had any wires in it. It might possibly be for a 4x4. I don't know if the harnesses are the same for 2wd and 4wd.