Putting A Chip In A TBI Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i was being sarcastic, his chips are crap. ive tried them, greasedog has tried them. ive datalogged my truck and compared his vs stock vs my modified ones after dyno tuning and driving. straight up trash. literally stupid wild guesses.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was being sarcastic, his chips are crap. ive tried them, greasedog has tried them. ive datalogged my truck and compared his vs stock vs my modified ones after dyno tuning and driving. straight up trash. literally stupid wild guesses.

Really. I'll have to keep that in mind. There just isn't much out there for tbi. I found his webpage and it seemed knowledgeable. I did notice he's kind of a dick. My problem is I'm a bodyman, I paint cars for a living I'm mechanically inclined but I'm no mechanic by a long shot. Data logging, fuel maps, etc., etc. That's all Chinese to me.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
he spits things that soundgood, unfortunately his disclaimers that this or that cant be done have all been proven wrong. great base info kinda, alot of it is smoke up your ass. it was all chinese to me too. tbi has come a long way with the help of ebl flash and gearheadefi.com

Bodageta1995

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently, 12-13 mpg out of my 92 1500. My truck is burning up some gas.
I'm with you. I bought a 95 Z-71 Extended Cab 3 months ago and I get 12-13. Usually in the 12's. Have you done anything to improve? My only improvement thus far has been more air pressure in the tires which actually added about 1mpg.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was looking at a Motorvation stage 2 chip part number: 189412 for my 94 350 5 speed over at summit racing. Also looking at shorty headers, and an underdrive pulley setup.

Anybody use a preprogrammed plug n play chip from this company? What were your results.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All engines breathe differently so, the idea of 1 chip fits all is wrong. I bought a chip from TBICHIPS for my built 88 C1500 5.7L and wasn't happy with it either (wish I had done more homework). I spent a lot of time on different sites but gearhead-EFI.com has the most info on tuning. I went with TunerPro RT, ALDL OBD1 cable, Moates burn2, and had a ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket soldered in place of the OE 1227747 socket so I can "flash" 27SF512 EEPROM chips (in seconds) instead of the 2732A EPROM (that has to be erased with UV light before burned with new bin file). This is about the cheapest way to go. Now I'm in the process of tuning (with the help of one of the GearHeads). So far I'm getting ~14 mph and hope to get up to 20 with Hyway Lean Cruise after tuning...

http://aldlcable.com/aldl.asp
http://support.moates.net/burn2/

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Gavin

It Never Ends
Reaction score
this thread should be unstickied and die, TBI chips shouldnt be a company anymore either.
Damn. How did he hurt you?
What's your setup? Did you follow one of his engine combos and get a bad chip, or did you build something other than what he has experience with and try to make his chip work?