Put the Spintech's on and it sounds terrible :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the crackle sound, not sure why so many hate it..

i used to be like that too man, youll change your tune in a couple years. youll realize its pretty trashy on a daily driver.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made this post directly after installing them. Now it has been about a week and it actually sounds a lot better. Still not quite as loud as I had hoped though. Funny thing is it is noticeably louder after it warms up. I am getting an H-pipe installed tomorrow after work I hope. Should help with the crackle.

if your running duels then put a X pipe in and that will stop the pop and make it sound alot better... but headers will help ALOT with the sound your looking for... also the 2" pipes before the cats are killing you..

if it was me i would have steped up the head pipes to 2 1/2 to the cats and done the rest in 3" with a X.. then came out the side right in front of the right rear wheel....

Well, I may look into headers and change out the 2" to 2.5" some day but I definitely am not going 3" duals. That is overkill on a 5.7 vortec with 200,000 miles. I am not concerned with power anyways. I just wanted the truck to sound better. The truck is my DD and I have an 06 GTO for fun!:)

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the crackle sound, not sure why so many hate it..

Dude F'ing werd. Doesn't get old to me. Maybe it's because all my friends had true duals and I always wanted it soo bad while I had a deep constant drone and THAT got f'ing old quick but I was told I couldn't do true duals on my TBI then I just recently found out I could and I LOVE it. The crackle and pop I looove. My truck can have the deep boring constant drone growl whatever you wanna call it if I want but soon as I put my foot in at the higher rpms it gets poppin' and I love that. Dunno why, don't care if it's not "done right" I'm not trying to race anyone I just like the way it sounds.

Not to mention before when I had the Y pipe it would barely pass inspection always took multiple trys, then I put the true duals on and passed flawlessly with the lowest #'s I have ever seen. Love it.

Blkslvrdo98 yea you add an H and connect those pipes all crackle and pop is gone.

Luke(MI)

Blow Smoke
Reaction score
maybe at 17 it sounds cool

actually I know a lot of people older than you who like it. not sure if that was meant as an insult or not but I'll be the mature one here and let it by. not sayin it was, not sayin it wasn't

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I've matured as a truck owner greatly since I was a 16 year old kid who wanted a truck that had to have the Z71 sticker on it, but the exhaust thing I have no room for "growing up" on because it's a great sound, adds top end power, clean emissions, everything. Always have and always will love this sound. I got the rest of my life to be old. I'll never be the guy that complains about kids with loud trucks or anything like that because I'm the first to understand it. It's not about who's loudest. Loud = dumb. It's all about the tone. The crackle and pop gives it a little character.

Luke(MI)

Blow Smoke
Reaction score
It's all about the tone. The crackle and pop gives it a little character.

Amen, lol. A buddy has 40 series flow masters on his f150 and that steady mono tone drone gets old after awhile. even he says he likes my cheap glass pack over his flow masters simply because it changes up rather than being steady

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amen, lol. A buddy has 40 series flow masters on his f150 and that steady mono tone drone gets old after awhile. even he says he likes my cheap glass pack over his flow masters simply because it changes up rather than being steady

Yep. I used to have that steady drone. I like how I can control the tone drastically with the pedal. It's also very quiet just cruising @ 40 or 80 and then when I want to break windows...I can. I've been surprised how many people actually prefer the drone, so I just left it alone and didn't ask. Apparently they know something I don't :lol:

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my spintechs will be here tomorrow lol i got the pro street 9000.... there going behind my LS motor with a X pipe... all 3" with 1 3/4 to 3" headers coming out in front of my right rear wheel..

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my spintechs will be here tomorrow lol i got the pro street 9000.... there going behind my LS motor with a X pipe... all 3" with 1 3/4 to 3" headers coming out in front of my right rear wheel..

Jelous of that setup!!! Cant even imagine how good it will sound.

ANd regardless how much people argue what sounds good or not it is pointless, because sound is an opinion. Everybody has their own taste for exhaust. there is stereotypes with certain exhausts though.