Pulling burbsides (suburban bedsides)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shakejort

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know if its possible to pull the suvurban rear quarter panel sheet metal out 2” like you would for a truck bedside and actually have it look nice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not an expert on bodywork, but I think that would be pretty difficult, if not impossible to do without causing problems with the rear windows. What is the purpose of pulling out the panels?

shakejort

Reaction score
Oh ok, I want to fit some 33”12.5R15 tires on some 15x10 beadlocks with offset that would make them stick out. I could get glass for the front, and rear too I guess.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you going for the wide fender, prerunner look? I swear I've seen somewhere that somebody had cut the quarter panels out and replaced them with fenders that stuck out more and they kept the windows stock.

shakejort

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much, MacNeil Racing makes fiberglass rear panels that would work, but they’re like a 4” or 6” bulge. I was hoping I could separate the panel from the inner fender and bend the panel out barely 2”, then flatten the inner panel up to meet the bent out outer panel. Just wondering if anyone has done it before

Last edited:

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dnt think anyone on this forum has but it definitely sounds like a pretty cool customization but alot of work. Would be lot easier using those fiberglass panels and cutting them up to be more narrow. Now got me thinking how a set of those would look on my 99 burb with some m/ts. Haha

shakejort

Reaction score