prolly a dumb question aboutn tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lucky Cat

Reaction score
hey all...
my question is i have a set of 33/12.5/15 firestone AT tires mounted on 11"wide rims but im changing to different rims which are 9" wide...on the 11" rim they only measure about 31.75" tall at 35 psi when i put them on the 9" rim will they be at approx 33"?
also i just picked up a used 4" Trailmaster lift for my 99 Sub and i have never seen the way they use a upper ball joint 4" spacer...hmmmm odd....anyway is the trailmaster lift a good lift? ill be street driving 99% of the time...
thanks...Kevin

Lucky Cat

Reaction score
just make sure ur ball joints are good and get a good alignment
33s are a lil small for a 4 inch lift

im replacing all the ball joints tie rod and other parts since i got it apart... ill be towing my boat (5500+#)all summer... i know where there is a nice set of 35" bfg's cheap but i didnt want to change gears...i have 3:73 now and 35" will prolly be pushing it for loosing towing power wont it?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Yea that may be pushing it with 35s but my old truck had stock gears and 35s and it was fine. Upgrade all tie rods and ball joints to one ton if you can. It will save in the long run on the life of the parts. Check your craigslist for 35s if your worried about price

Lucky Cat

Reaction score
Yea that may be pushing it with 35s but my old truck had stock gears and 35s and it was fine. Upgrade all tie rods and ball joints to one ton if you can. It will save in the long run on the life of the parts. Check your craigslist for 35s if your worried about price

will the 1 ton lower ball joint fit in my 1/2 ton lower (stamped) control arm?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
will the 1 ton lower ball joint fit in my 1/2 ton lower (stamped) control arm?

im not 100% sure because in my girlfriends truck we upgraded her lower ball joints to 1 ton and hers is a 1/2 ton but has a 7 1/2 whiplash lift and i know that kit uses factory specs on the control arms