Project Yukon HD (1996 Yukon c1500)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Thanks! And no, I bought the Bushwhacker flares that fit the 94-00 4 door gmt400 Tahoe/Yukon. They are already precut and designed to fit the rear door. I was going to try and make a set fit but it was easier to get a set already made to fit.

Do you have a link to the proper flares , incase I ruin this set?

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the proper flares , incase I ruin this set?

Well I got the part number: Bushwacker 40905-02. I got them from eBay for $300, which is $100 less the going rate because they are dated being made in 2003 and sat in a automotive accessory shop for over 10 years and the place closed down so they were selling all the stuff in the place. You can also get them from other sites also, but I think eBay is still the cheapest after you factor in shipping and whatnot.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Well I got the part number: Bushwacker 40905-02. I got them from eBay for $300, which is $100 less the going rate because they are dated being made in 2003 and sat in a automotive accessory shop for over 10 years and the place closed down so they were selling all the stuff in the place. You can also get them from other sites also, but I think eBay is still the cheapest after you factor in shipping and whatnot.

Thanks man .

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Well, I've gotten in a lot of stuff I've ordered to build the headlights, just have to find time between school and work to work on it. Plus I have people from YouTube and my Instagram wanting me to make a video on how I build my headlights. So I'll probably build one to get a feel and might make a video depending on how it goes.

Anyway, I did the 4hi mod, finally. Already had a relay harness with the HID install so I just used a diode.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the headlights.

Got a multi function switch.

New, metal, door handles.

The Lightwerkz box with the LED cubes, strobe harness, and some RGB extension wires. Halos came later. Definitely have my work cut out for me to get the LEDs to fit in the headlamp.

Lightwerkz LED cube halos.

Then I took the face off the LED cube to just see how much room I had to work with on installing the halos. The circuit board is dated 6/17/2014, but they are CREE diodes.

The LED for the demon eye.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
i kinda like this build

Thanks!

Yesterday I finally got around to replacing my broken outside driver side door handle that's been broken since before I got the Yukon. I did it the way that you don't have to take the inner metal frame out of the door. Just used the access hole to get the inner bolt out and then just pried up the handle and slid the lock cylinder out and pulled the handle out.

The new metal replacement handle. I know the factory one is pot metal too but most the replacement handles are plastic and I know these handles brake all the time so I didn't want to replace with plastic.

Took the inner door panel off so I could get to the access hole.

Old, broke GM handle.

Taking the handle out after I took the bolts out. And taking the rod out of the clip.

Then fiddled with it and got the handle back in. You have to install the lock cylinder after the handle is back in the door so it takes some work but still better than taking the whole window regulator apart.

The broken handle out of the truck, both pieces.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Started messing with the LED cubes and adding the halos.

Started by taking the cube apart then drilled a hole in the bottom.

Then I shaved and notched the reflectors with a file.

Test fitting the halos in the cubes.

Then I started to work on the other cube.

Now all I have to do is seal everything up and then I can work on the headlights.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Thanks!

Yesterday I finally got around to replacing my broken outside driver side door handle that's been broken since before I got the Yukon. I did it the way that you don't have to take the inner metal frame out of the door. Just used the access hole to get the inner bolt out and then just pried up the handle and slid the lock cylinder out and pulled the handle out.

The new metal replacement handle. I know the factory one is pot metal too but most the replacement handles are plastic and I know these handles brake all the time so I didn't want to replace with plastic.

Took the inner door panel off so I could get to the access hole.

Old, broke GM handle.

Taking the handle out after I took the bolts out. And taking the rod out of the clip.

Then fiddled with it and got the handle back in. You have to install the lock cylinder after the handle is back in the door so it takes some work but still better than taking the whole window regulator apart.

The broken handle out of the truck, both pieces.
I've never in my life seen a plastic replacement handle, only cheap cast aluminum like the OEM ones, although the aftermarket ones are typically thinner than OEM.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
I've never in my life seen a plastic replacement handle, only cheap cast aluminum like the OEM ones, although the aftermarket ones are typically thinner than OEM.

The Dorman handles are plastic and a couple handles I was looking at on eBay and Amazon were plastic. I just assumed most aftermarket handles were plastic since a lot of the ones I was finding were plastic. I do agree that the OEM handles are slightly thicker than the ones I got but not by much.