Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I would drive the truck as is before chopping more spring off. I chopped the fronts on my Crown Vic and it sat perfect when I dropped it off of the lift. By the time I got home it had settled more and was too low.
It was mentioned to me that might happen, but I have a hard time believing that it will drop that far, but I guess I can wait and see.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
What truck did the gauges come from ? I'm not familiar with that setup
It's out of a topkick. Its not a direct bolt in, but I have to hack up a cluster of I want any gauges to work anyways. I figure if I do use it, it will make people wonder what it's from

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
All of the TopKick/Kodiaks had early dashes, some derivative of that cluster in all of them. I mostly see them with a single or dual needle air pressure gauge in the center.
Yea it was up until they started putting the dmax in them and the whole thing was pretty much updated in 02 or 03 i belive. Our tanker for the local fd has the same interior.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
It's out of a topkick. Its not a direct bolt in, but I have to hack up a cluster of I want any gauges to work anyways. I figure if I do use it, it will make people wonder what it's from
what's the differences to not bolt in? i've wanted one also but never had a chance to look at one.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
what's the differences to not bolt in? i've wanted one also but never had a chance to look at one.
Well, the one main difference I can see is that the hump for the steering column isn't centered like on our trucks, and will have to be modified to be able to work. Aside from that, i'm sure the wiring is completely different, this has a bunch of idiot lights lined up on top of the gauges.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Supposedly since Ford dropped out their partnership with Navistar for the F6/750 a year or two ago, GM jumped in bed with them so hopefully we see a TopKick return within the next few years.