Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Decided to pop on a front fender last night to see how it sits in the front. Even with 2" drop spindles, 1 ring cut off of each stock spring, plus the weight of the big block, it seems to sit pretty much exactly where it did before. I'm pretty sure the springs are seated properly, so not sure why its like this. Appears I may need to cut up the springs more.

You must be registered for see images attach

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to pop on a front fender last night to see how it sits in the front. Even with 2" drop spindles, 1 ring cut off of each stock spring, plus the weight of the big block, it seems to sit pretty much exactly where it did before. I'm pretty sure the springs are seated properly, so not sure why its like this. Appears I may need to cut up the springs more.

Sitting on the dollies makes it look higher but that doesn't explain the gap between the top of the tire and fender. are these the same tires you had before the new spindles and cut spring ? From the angle you took the picture it looks like the front tires are taller than the rears.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Sitting on the dollies makes it look higher but that doesn't explain the gap between the top of the tire and fender. are these the same tires you had before the new spindles and cut spring ? From the angle you took the picture it looks like the front tires are taller than the rears.
The original truck where this frame and springs came from had 235 75 15s . Also had a v6. The front tires on this now are 275 60 15s, which are definitely shorter than the 295 65s in the back. I went over the whole front end, but the only other things changed besides the drop spindles were the control arm bushings and cutting a loop out of the springs

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The original truck where this frame and springs came from had 235 75 15s . Also had a v6. The front tires on this now are 275 60 15s, which are definitely shorter than the 295 65s in the back. I went over the whole front end, but the only other things changed besides the drop spindles were the control arm bushings and cutting a loop out of the springs
Great ...... now I have this stuck in my head. PLEASE let us know when you find out what's going on.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
we'll see, I might toss the pass fender on real quick to see if that side is at the same height. I remember when I was putting it all back together that it seemed like the driver's side sat higher than the passenger for some reason.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Test fit the passenger side fender, and it sits lower, but still not low enough for my liking,. Looks like i'm going to take the springs back out and cut more off. Also made myself a custom shifter out of an 86 Nissan truck one. Popped the core support on with 2 bolts and test fit the radiator, looks like everything will be good up there. Now I just need to snag a pair of big block radiator brackets and maybe the plastic shroud top.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Rearranged the shop a little today, now there's more open space. I also did an exterior "modification", can you see it? I also got some sealer and screwed the floor pan into place, and primered. Next time i'm out there i'll rivet the pan down and seal it from the bottom too.