Project Green Goblin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Now that I have finished off my last project it's time to start a new one. Been looking for a little while and found a 1994 Short Bed Extended Cab for a good price. The motor has been replaced about 12,000 miles ago. It has a total of 148,000 on the truck. No keys for the truck. Had install new ignition switch and door locks.
You must be registered for see images attach
When I got the truck the interior was pretty much trashed. Everything had to be replaced. The person before me I guess believed you should smoke a pack of cigarettes everyday in the truck, with the windows rolled up. It was so bad that driving home I had to have the windows down even during the thunderstorm I passed through. Here is a pictures of the truck from the first day. Sorry the interior picture isn't the best.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Now about a month later I've made some progress. First was to totally update the interior. Had to basicly replace everything and repainted all the plastic. New seat, new headliner, new carpet, new door panels, installed an old radio and speakers I had since the original one worked between bumps in the road. Now my wife will actually rides in it. For a visual standpoint I have pulled of the side moldings, replaced the mirrors, and swapped out Tahoe Limited wheels. Mechanically I had to replace the power steering pump, heater core, and blower motor. Starting to look pretty good. Next up will be tinting the windows and lowering it. Going with a 2/4 drop and new Belltech Street Performance shocks. Needs to be a daily driver and going lower becomes a problem.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Did some updates to the front end this weekend. New lights, painted bowtie, new smoothie bumper and spoiler. Also painted the wiper arms. Makes the front end look a little better. Have realized though that with 100+ degree weather that I need the windows tinted sooner than later. Probably do that next weekend before starting to lower it.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Well it has been a few weeks since the last update. Was on vacation and couldn't work on it. Since returning I have gotten new tires, the windows tinted and replaced the mirrors again. I like the small SS style mirrors but in traffic it is just too hard to see so I updated to the regular mirrors. Along with that I lowered the truck. Did a 2/4 drop with springs in the front and hangers/shackles in the rear. Put new shocks, brakes, and sway bar bushings on it too. After the alignment the truck drives so much better. So with the interior done, the suspension done, the truck running good its time to move on to the body work and prepare for paint.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Started into the body work. To make things a little easier I got another bed that was a lot straighter. Molded in the roll pan and reversed the tailgate latch. Next is to start blocking it out to get it as straight as possible and swap over to the truck. When I do the swap I plan to prime the back of the cab, install a hidden hitch and replace the fuel pump since I know with my luck as soon as I finish the fuel pump would go out. I'll just go ahead and change it out now.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Got the old bed off yesterday and today I installed a hidden hitch to work with roll pan on the other bed, installed a new fuel pump (thought I might as well while it is readily available to get at), and got the rear of the cab primed. As soon as I get some friends together I'll install the new bed and can start the body work on the cab. Starting to actually look like I'm making progress.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Over the last weekend I got the new bed mounted and everything reconnected. I think it looks pretty good but needs to be blocked out. Also need to start now on the cab. No dents anywhere on the doors or cab so it should go pretty quick. The fenders will need a little more work. Probably going to replace the left front fender due to the large dent (hard to see in the picture but it's right above the wheel well and can be seen in the other photos). The other side just has some small areas to "finesse" out.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Its been a few weeks since I got the bed primed and mounted. We had two days of good weather last week so I took the opportunity to get the cab primed. Also picked up a new front left fender to replace the damaged one. Hope to get the front clip done soon. May even do them separately since I have fender off, 4 bolts and the hood is off and then do the right fender.

I also picked up a black grill to add to the truck once I get it completely primed. Should make look a little different.

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Well I finally got some time last week and got the rest of the truck in primer/surfacer. Now the fun begins with blocking the truck out to ready it for paint. Decided to keep the chrome grille for now and got an alarm installed. What a difference the truck looks now compared to the day I bought it.

Last edited:

Donnie Smith

Reaction score
Though I'd give the truck an identity and pay homage to Chevrolet's past at the same time.