Proforged Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

What?

Reaction score
Proforged Upper Balljoints installed. Part Number 101-10053

You must be registered for see images attach

What?

Reaction score
Proforged Lower Balljoints installed. Part number 101-10062

Cutting it off, using MAPP gas, and BFH to get the lowers out.

What?

Reaction score
I highly recommend Proforged. I'm pleased with them and no issues.

What?

Reaction score
Do you know if their made in the US ?

Proforged said:
There are a few countries that produce the majority of steeringparts these days: India, Turkey, China, and Taiwan. Some are still produced in the US and Canada, but mostly they come from overseas or are marked as "Assembled in USA."

For the most part, the quality coming out of India, Turkey, and China ranges from pretty low to downright scary - there are a lot of quality control issues, the fit and finish is not so great, and the durability is pretty poor.

The quality coming out of Taiwan is excellent...a big part of the reason is that it is a democratic country and a military ally of the US, so our government has pumped a fair amount of money and technology there over the years.

99% of our parts are made in Taiwan and every product that goes out the door is labeled with the exact country of origin. We spend a lot of time and money ensuring that our products are built to our specifications.

I personally take issue with "Assembled in the USA" because I can't tell where the components are being sourced from. For a Moog ball joint that is labeled "Assembled in the USA," are the ball stud and housing made in China or Taiwan? There is a HUGE difference in quality between the two.

A ball joint that is made and assembled in Taiwan - in my opinion - is much better than a ball joint made in China or India and assembled in the US.

Sorry to say that we just couldn't be in business if we had to make parts like ball joints in the US. For small production runs, the cost is 5x as much domestically. That would make a $20 ball joint cost $100.

Hope this clears things up.

Quoted from another forum.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just used Proforged parts for everything in the steering except the ball joints. All parts seemed solid, installed easily, and are holding up well.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked on their website and it's only showing the 2wd idler arm. Are the idler arms on 2 and 4wd the same on a Gmt400 half ton?