Preventing rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blaine Cornelius

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any modifications I should do to my ECSB to prevent rust? I have heard anecdotes of people drilling holes in the body panels somewhere to let water drain, but I can imagine that would let just as much water in as it keeps out. Just want to keep my currently rust free truck, rust free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Keep it clean, and park it indoors whenever possible. About the best you can do, IMO.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Avoid driving on salt treated roads. If you do rinse the truck completely underneath when the roads clear up. If you do any off roading rinse the dirt and dust out of the inner fenders and bedsides.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Fluid film and keep it clean. Thats about the best you can do and unless its a garage queen or you live where it doesnt snow rust is unavoidable. It just wont happend as fast with fluid film and frequent car washes.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wash it down after every storm, coat the frame with a coating of your choice I used Rustoleum on my OBS when I had it and touched it up in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
under coat-rust proofing company.My dads buddy brought up a 1995 F-250 the thing is MINT I Mean MINT he had a a company spray rust proof gel and then sprayed bedliner on rockers, bottom 2 inches on doors and box. he special ordered bedliner that was similar in color then painted and clear coated it.